"Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go,
but rather learning to start over."
- Get to know the premise. You don’t have to be a historian to write here, but I do want you to find a way to make this your home. A quick little intro is here, but do not feel limited to it. Dig deep and really get to know the roots of our story and make sure we are somewhere you would want to write.
- Read the rules. They are short, but they are important. We want to make sure everyone has a good understanding as to what we’re all about! There you will also find the rules for the cbox as well the Discord chat, which I welcome you to join here! Getting to know the community that we hope you love as much as we do is very important. We want to work for you as much as I want you to work for us.
- Register a Primary account OOC name. Before you begin your character please choose a quick short name with which we can organize your files and get to know you. This name should be the same name (if possible) you use in the Discord chat just to help with the confusion. If it isn't possible, we'll figure it out! Just remember to keep it simple.
- Don’t forget to put an avatar on! No naked names around these parts! Save that for the Courtesans. For a quick tutorial on avatars, click here.
- Research. Make sure you spend a little time going through the research boards and find your alliance. Do you want to play a noble? What about a spy? A merchant? Not sure? Dig around in our resourceshere, and while you there check out the Want-Ads here! Who knows what sort of fun you may find there!
- Ready to get started on that app? Make a plotter here. Why? It goes in your application to help the self-generating code work! (trust me) And yes even do so without a character.
- Register your character’s name as a separate account, and then link your account with your OOC player name. To do that, here is a tutorial on how. All character names should be first and last and should be properly capitalized.
- APPLYING: We now have an auto generated Application Form that can be found here.
- If you do not have your Character Bio previously written then you can grab this WIP (Work In Progress) template here. It has all our Application Form Fields on it to help outline your Character Biography.
- If you want a place to keep your WIP you can start a new topic here.
Why? When you submit it all the kinks will be worked out. We do things a little differently around here as our bios/face-claims/plotters are built into the same code. But please don't get overwhelmed, we're happy to help!
- Now we wait. An admin will be along shortly, but in the meanwhile say hello to the chat, play in the OOC games on the board. Your app will be accepted, but sometimes they take a little time to review.
- Once your app has been accepted, there are many ways to get into plots. You can post to other writers' plotters, or use the #plotting channel in Discord. We also have an Adopt-a-Member thread to help new writers get started. If you need help getting threads, the Adopt-a-member system is a great place to start.
If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to post them in our guest friendly board, here.